Located on the grassy traffic island at the junction of Mathurs Road and Lodi Road stands a structure, neither grand nor towering. But the structure is striking enough to attract attention. It is officially known as the Sabz Burj although the blue tiles on the dome are only a recent restoration effort. A few of the original multi coloured tiles can still be seen on the drum of the dome.
The octagonal tomb with with alternate wide and narrow sides follow the Baghadid Tomb architecture style. All the eight sides are marked with high recessed arches and it is crowned with a high drummed double domed.
The Sabz Burj is enclosed by a high fence and entry is restricted. The only option is to go round it. Nothing is known about the date of construction of Sabz Burj and no one knows who is buried inside. Since the Sabz Burj looks more Central Asian than Mughal historians consider it to be constructed in the early Mughal period (1530 – 40).